In recognition of National Book Month, the Salem Lutheran School Library is sponsoring a pumpkin decorating contest for all K-8th grade students who would like to participate. Contest rules are as follows:
1. The theme for the pumpkin contest is “Let Your Love of Books Grow”. You may pick any character from any book you have read.
2. Pumpkins are to be painted or colored with markers. NOT carved. Acrylic paints or permanent markers work best. Yarn, construction paper, pipe cleaners, cloth, wigs, etc. may be used to decorate the pumpkin. Tape, paste and glue may be used if needed.
3.NO CARVED pumpkins. Carved pumpkins rot , attract insects and smell. Carved pumpkins will not be accepted into the contest and will be sent back home. Artifical pumpkins work great and can be kept longer for decorating at home.
4. One pumpkin per student, clearly identified on a 3x5 index card:
a. Please print the name of the book character, book and author of the book on the front of your index card.
b. On the back of the card, put your name, grade and teacher.
5. Beginning Oct 18th pumpkins may be brought to the library. All pumpkins are due on or before October 20th. No late entries will be accepted.
6. There will be a 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place winner from each grade level department (K; 1-2; 3-4; 5-6; 7-8). Grade level winners will be awarded on October 26th.
7. All pumpkins must be taken home on Friday, October 30th. Any remaining pumpkins will be thrown away by 4:00pm that day.
USBORNE BOOK FAIR
The library will be open for families to shop our fall Usborne book fair from Monday Oct. 18th through Friday, Oct. 22nd from 3:00-4:15pm. Parents can send money with their students to shop during the school day during their library time or during study hall perio